Gateway Homes welcomes men and women who have been diagnosed with serious mental illness and whose desire is for increased independence. For admission to Gateway’s program , please see our eligibility requirements below.
- Adults, 18 and over with a primary diagnosis of mental illness, ie: thought disorder, mood disorder or anxiety disorder
- No primary diagnosis of personality disorder, eating disorder, developmental disorder or significant intellectual impairment.
- If substance abuse is identified as a secondary treatment issue, the applicant must be committed to sobriety and willing to participate in substance abuse services as recommended.
- Applicants with a recent history of suicide attempts, self-injury, and/or aggression will be evaluated on a case by case basis. Typically at least six months of abstinence from these behaviors will be required prior to acceptance for admission.
- No registered sex offenders or individuals who have committed a sexual offense will be considered.
- Individuals must demonstrate a desire for increased independence and recovery.